Veres, Mr Lukacs
General and thoracic surgery
Training and education
Mr Veres trained at the prestigious University of Debrecen, Hungary.
Mr Veres is a consultant thoracic surgeon who returned to the Trust in January 2018, having previously worked in Southampton as well as in Debrecen (Hungary), in Exeter and at Guy's Hospital in London.
He is experienced in all aspects of adult thoracic surgery except lung transplantation, and had his first consultant post in 2003.
Mr Veres's clinical interests include:
- minimally invasive thoracic surgery (such as VATS lobectomy and segmentectomy, pneumothorax surgery, sympathectomy, pleural biopsy and pleurodesis)
- lung primary and secondary malignancies (cancer)
- radical surgery for malignant pleural mesothelioma (cancer that develops in the lining that covers some organs)
- surgery for chest wall deformities (Nuss procedure and modified Ravitch procedure)
- enhanced recovery programme.
You can contact Mr Veres via his secretary contact his secretary Evangeline Ganeshamoorthy - call 023 8120 2375 or send an email.