Coleman, Dr Matthew
MD, MRCP, FRCOG
Maternal and fetal medicine
Training and education
- University of Liverpool, 1982 to 1987.
- Junior doctor in London, Southampton and Liverpool, 1987 to 1992 (medicine and obstetrics, and gynaecology and neonates).
- Registrar in London, Brighton and Worthing, 1992 to 1994.
- New Zealand registrar and research, 1994 to 1998.
- Sub-specialty training in Southampton, 1998 to 2001.
Mr Coleman has worked as a consultant for the Trust since June 2001. Alongside his role as a consultant in fetal and maternal medicine, Mr Coleman is the current lead for maternal medicine and is developing local and regional maternal medicine networks. He is currently focusing on human factors in maternal medicine, especially how they influence patient care and safety. He is the current president of the MacDonald UK Maternal Medicine Society.
MD thesis on predictors of preterm birth