Parasuraman, Dr Raji
Fetal and maternal medicine
Training and education
Dr Parasuraman commenced her sub-specialty training in fetal and maternal medicine in Southampton, and after completing this was appointed as a locum consultant in May 2011.
She is a member of the British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society and the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
Dr Parasuraman became a substantive consultant at the Trust in July 2012. She specialises in high risk obstetrics, and undertakes fetal medicine scans and invasive procedures during pregnancy.
As the clinical effectiveness lead in obstetrics, Dr Parasuraman works to support the development of evidence based guidelines, care pathways and to ensure that local clinical audit plans are developed. She also works to ensure the dissemination of the new National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidance, and recommendations from the confidential enquiries within the care group.
- Faculty member of the multidisciplinary PROMPT course for obstetric emergencies, which has been successfully implemented locally.
- Accredited educational supervisor for the Wessex deanery.
- Contribution as the content author for ‘The Normal CTG’ chapter in the Electronic Fetal Monitoring Project, and as a co-tutor for the StratOG module on multiple pregnancy.
- Gestation-specific reference intervals for right and left ventricular ejection force from 12 to 40 weeks of gestation. Parasuraman R, Osmond C, Howe DT. J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2012 Jan;38(1): 160–164
- Comparison of the reproducibility of 2D Doppler and 3D STIC in measurement of fetal cardiac output. Parasuraman R, Osmond C, Howe DT. Open J Obstet Gynecol, 2011, 1, 163-167
- A case of trisomy 12 mosaicism presenting antenatally with fetal cardiomyopathy. Parasuraman R, Mercer C, Bascombe LA, Mclachlan N, Gnanapragasam J, Howe DT. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011;31(3):261-3
- Echogenic yolk sac – A marker for aneuploidy? Parasuraman R, Liversedge HM, Gilg J, Taylor MJO. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009 July;29(5):405–406
- Postpartum coronary artery dissection. Collyer M, Nachimuthu P, Bellenger N, Parasuraman R, Taylor MJO. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2008 May;28(4):451-3
- Pregnancy management in type III maternal osteogenesis imperfecta. Parasuraman R, Taylor MJO, Liversedge H, Gilg J. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2007 Aug;27(6):619-21
- Nifedipine tocolysis associated atrial fibrillation responds to DC cardioversion: Correspondence. Parasuraman R, Liversedge N. BJOG 2007;114:237.
- Nifedipine tocolysis associated atrial fibrillation responds to DC cardioversion. Parasuraman R, Gandhi M, Liversedge N. BJOG 2006;113:844-845.