We're a support network for you and your family, providing guidance and information to help you make informed decisions about your care. We also manage ports, buttons and the care of cystic fibrosis related complications.
If you have any enquiries, questions or concerns please contact us. If we can't answer your call, please leave your name and number and we will contact you as soon as possible.
What we do
We offer support, education and advice for inpatients, as well as education and training for other members of staff. We carry out port access, midline insertion and co-ordinate PICC line insertion. We also co-ordinate admissions and discharges.
We come to all outpatient clinics, and hold a regular adult sweat testing clinic. We coordinate annual reviews and specialist clinics including diabetes, bone, liver and gastroenterology. Any outpatient investigations that you need will be organised by us, and we also help with transition for child to adult services.
In the community
We may visit you at home, at college or at work. Our role includes managing the home IV service, supporting home visits and taking blood samples.
Clinical nurse specialists
- Tes Hodson, clinical nurse specialist and cystic fibrosis service manager
- Gemma Hobson, clinical nurse specialist team manager
- Alison Kilroy, clinical nurse specialist
- Claire Walter, clinical nurse specialist
- Claire Dossett, clinical nurse specialist
- Kate Thevanayagam, pre-assessment nurse practitioner
C5 isolation ward sisters
- Annette Mason, senior sister and ward manager
- Ann Patricio, Natasha Turner and Grainne Woodward