Become a UHS governor
Becoming a governor gives you the opportunity to influence the development of our hospitals and gain an insight into the goals, challenges and successes of a large NHS teaching hospital.
Benefits of being a governor
- An opportunity to influence the development of an important public service provider
- The chance to meet fellow members and represent their interests and opinions
- Gain an insight into the goals, challenges and achievements of a large NHS hospital
- Develop new skills and improve your CV
- Meet new people and learn more about hospital life.
How to become a governor
If are are interested in becoming a governor make sure you sign up as a member using our online application form. Elections to the Council of Governors take place every three years and members will automatically be sent information on how to apply to be a governor and vote in the elections.