Baxter, Dr Mark
Dr Baxter is a consultant in medicine for older people who specialises in orthogeriatrics (older people's bone health).
Training and education
- Graduated from University of Dundee School of Medicine - 1998
- Senior house officer training in Portsmouth - 1999 to 2003
- Higher medical training in general and geriatric medicine in the Wessex region - 2004 to 9.
Dr Baxter has worked for the Trust since March 2009.
He is experienced in the management of frail elderly people with multiple medical problems. Dr Baxter also has extensive experience in the assessment of falls and bone health.
- Published a review on the management of postural hypotension
- Presented internationally and published on the use of spirometry and inhalers in cognitively impaired people