Dr Nick Harvey
MA, MB, BChir, MRCP, PhD
Training and education
- Oxford and Cambridge University medical schools
- Wessex Rheumatology Specialist Training Programme
- PhD, MRC Epidemiology Resource Centre, University of Southampton
Dr Harvey has worked for the Trust since 2008. He has comprehensive general rheumatology experience gained through training in the region.
Dr Harvey's sub-specialty expertise in osteoporosis and difficult metabolic bone disease was gained through Professor Cooper’s bone service, and his PhD training.
Confirming initial observational data relating maternal vitamin D insufficiency during pregnancy to reduced bone mass in the offspring. Work is now exploring translation to public health policy through a randomised controlled trial of vitamin D supplementation in pregnancy.
Awards and prizes
- Six Young Investigator Awards between 2004 and 2009
- IOF-Novartis Young Scholar’s Award 2006
- British Society for Rheumatology Osteoporosis Prize 2007
- IOF Osteoporosis World Congress Travel Award 2008
Information on Dr Harvey's research and publications is available on the University of Southampton website.