Black, Dr David
MBBch MRCPCH FCP(paeds)
Paediatric and fetal cardiology
Dr Black joined the Trust in August 2015 as a consultant paediatric and fetal cardiologist. He has particular experience in advanced echocardiography, including 3D echocardiography and speckle tracking, and fetal echocardiography.
Training and education
- Medical school at the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa.
- General paediatrics training at Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Paediatric cardiology training at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
Fetal cardiology fellowship at Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
Dr Black's recent papers include:
- Increased regional deformation of the left ventricle in normal children with increased body mass index: implications for future cardiovascular health. Pediatric Cardiology, February 2014;35(2):315-22. doi: 10.1007/s00246-013-0778-1. e-published 29 August 2013.
- Tissue motion annular displacement of the mitral valve using two-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography predicts the left ventricular ejection fraction in normal children. Cardiology in the Young. 27 June 2013:1-9.
- Advanced echocardiographic imaging of the congenitally malformed heart. Current Cardiology Reviews (2013)
Contact Dr Black via April Wondin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 023 8120 8825.