Richens, Dr Trevor
MBBS, BSc(hons), FRCP
Training and education
- Qualified at London University, 1990.
- Adult cardiology, London, 1996.
- Paediatric cardiology, Glasgow, 2000.
- Paediatric intensive care, Glasgow and Melbourne, 2000 to 2002.
Dr Richens joined the Trust in October 2012 as a consultant in congenital heart disease.
He is the lead for congenital cardiac catheter intervention, and a specialist in all forms of congenital catheter intervention from birth to old age.
Between 2003 and 2012, Dr Richens was a consultant in congenital heart disease and catheter intervention in Glasgow. He was also clinical link for the service, and paediatric cardiology training programme director for Scotland.
- National workforce lead for the specialty advisory committee for paediatric cardiology.
- Vice-chair of the congenital cardiology clinical reference group.