Roman, Dr Kevin S
CCST MRCP FCP (paeds) DCH
- Fetal cardiology
- Cardiac MRI
- 3D echocardiography
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Training and education
- Medical School: University of Cape Town, South Africa.
- General paediatrics: Red Cross Children's Hospital, Cape Town.
- Paediatric cardiology, UHSFT.
- Fellowship in cardiac imaging, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada.
Dr Roman has worked for the Trust since July 2005. He has extensive experience in general paediatrics and qualified as paediatrician in South Africa.
Dr Roman received full training in paediatric cardiology at Guys Hospital and at UHSFT. He went to complete a three year fellowship in advanced cardiac imaging in Toronto, Canada. His fellowship focused on fetal cadiac imaging, cardiac MRI, 3D echo, and transesophageal echo.
- Established digital storage of all cardiac imaging data in congenital heart disease, allowing ease of viewing and later imaging review. This has revolutionised workflow within our service.
- 3D echo service in congenital heart disease.
- Determinants of outcome in fetal pulmonary valve stenosis or atresia with intact ventricular septum. Am J Cardiol. 2007 Mar 1;99(5):699-703.
- How is pulmonary arterial blood flow affected by pulmonary venous obstruction in children? A phase-contrast magnetic resonance study. Pediatr Radiol. 2005 Jun;35(6):580-6.
- The impact of patch augmentation on left atrioventricular valve dynamics in patients with atrioventricular septal defects: early and midterm follow-up. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2006 Nov;19(11):1382-92