Magee, Dr Alan Gordon
FRCP, MD, DCH, BSc
Training and education
- BSc in biochemistry - Queen's University Belfast, 1980
- MBBCh (Hons) - Queen's University Belfast, 1983
- Diploma in child health - Glasgow, 1986
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians - Edinburgh, 1986
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians - Edinburgh, 2000
- MD - Edinburgh University, 2015
Dr Magee is a consultant paediatric cardiologist who joined the Trust in 2013. Before this, he spent 14 years as a consultant at the Royal Brompton Hospital. He has 25 years' experience in treating heart disease.
In his current role, Dr Magee provides non-surgical treatments for congenital heart disease in both children and adults. His other roles include:
- CQC specialist advisor
- national delegate for the Association of Paediatric Cardiology
- honorary consultant at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- honorary senior lecturer at the University of Southampton.
- Elected chair of specialist advisory committee - Royal College of Physicians, 2012
- First report of the use of Sildenafil in children with primary pulmonary hypertension
- President of the British Congenital Cardiac Association from November 2017
Dr Magee's publications include:
- Safety and efficacy of Sildenafil therapy in children with pulmonary hypertension. Karatza AA, Bush A, Magee AG. Int J Cardiol. 2005;100: 276-273.
- Magee AG, Huggon I, Seed PT, Qureshi SA, Tynan M. Transcatheter closure of the arterial duct: results of the European Registry. European Heart Journal 2001;22:1817-1821.
- Lloyd DFA, Ho SY, Pushparajah K, Chakraborty S, Nasser M, Uemura H, Franklin R, Magee AGPersistent Fifth Aortic Arch: the “Great Pretender’. Cardiology in the Young. 2017.
You can contact Dr Magee via his secretary, Gill Densham - call 023 8120 3358 or send an email.