Coelho, Dr Tracy
MRCPCH DCH MBBS
Training and education
- MBBS (medical degree) - Goa University, India, 1999
- DCH (diploma in child health) - Goa University, India, 2002
- MRCPCH (member of the Royal Society of Paediatrics and Child Health) - UK, 2007
- Specialist registrar training in paediatrics - London-KSS, 2009-11
- Sub-specialty training in paediatric gastroenterology - London rotation, 2011-14
- Dave Casson clinical research fellowship
Dr Coelho joined the Trust in September 2014 as a paediatric gastroenterologist. His routine clinical work includes the care of paediatric gastroenterology inpatients, outpatient clinics, and diagnostic upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy. He sees patients with the full range of upper and lower gastroenterology problems.
Dr Coelho has a particular interest in the management of inflammatory bowel disease and has presented and published papers in this field. He has a particular interest in research in inflammatory bowel disease and started his CICRA funded research work in September 2013. The key focus of Dr Coelho’s research is on the genetics and immunology of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Integrating key disciplines of genomics, immunology and paediatric gastroenterology through a collaborative approach
Awards and prizes
- Awarded the Dave Casson clinical research fellowship in 2013 to start his research work into inflammatory bowel disease
Dr Coehlo's research focuses on the genetics and immunology of inflammatory bowel disease.
You can contact Dr Coehlo via his secretary Nicola Crooks - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 8120 4607.