Barlow, Mr Clifford William
Adult cardiac surgery
Training and education
- University Witwatersrand Medical School
- Research (DPhil) – University of Oxford
- Cardiathoracic surgical registrarship – Papworth Hospital, Cambridge
- Transplant fellowship – Stanford University, California
Mr Barlow has worked for the Trust since April 2000. He discontinued thoracic surgery in 2007, and is now dedicated to adult cardiac surgery, performing more than 300 procedures a year. His work includes all aspects of CABG, valve replacement and repair, thoracic aortic and ventricular remodelling surgery.
Mr Barlow is the unit representative for the Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery of the UK and Ireland, and an examiner for the final FRCS (cardiothoracic surgery). His surgical outcome data is consistently better than expected based on risk adjustment.
- DPhil (Oxon): The role of Potassium during Exercise in Heart Failure
- Over 40 publications in indexed journals