Ohri, Mr Sunil K
MB BS MD FRCS(Eng, Ed & CTh) FESC
Adult cardiac surgery
Training and education
- Qualified at the Middlesex Hospital Medical School, University of London
- General surgery training, West London
- Cardiac surgery training, Hammersmith Hospital, Harefield and Middlesex Hospital in London.
Mr Ohri is trained in all aspects of adult cardiac surgery.
- Introducing off pump coronary artery bypass grafting at Southampton.
- Substantially improving the academic standing of the cardiac unit by supporting clinical and basic science research.
Awards and prizes
Mr Ohri has been awarded prizes at national and international scientific meetings for research.
Over 100 peer reviewed publications in the areas of the pathophysiology cardiopulmonary bypass, and more recently concerning the fetal origins of adult cardiovascular disease.