Griffiths, Dr Elizabeth
FRCP, BM, BSc
- Drug allergy
- Food allergy
- Immunotherapy (pollens and venom)
- Transitional allergy
- Chronic urticaria
Training and education
Dr Griffiths trained at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals, leading to a CCT (certificate of completion of training) in allergy in 2016. She achieved her certification through the European Examination in Allergology and Clinical Immunology.
Dr Griffiths is a consultant allergist and clinical lead for the allergy department. She joined the Trust in 2016.
She holds clinics for patients with a range of allergies, including:
- allergy to radiocontrast media (substances used to make parts of the body more visible in scans)
- allergy to local and general anaesthetics
- allergies to food, pollen and insect venom.
Dr Griffiths also sees patients with chronic urticaria (hives) and supports allergy patients who are transitioning from child to adult services.
- Chair of allergy specialty advisory committee for Royal College of Physicians
- European Union of Medical Specialists representative for allergy specialty advisory committee
- Royal College of Physicians advisor for allergy in Wessex
- Honorary position on the BSACI (British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology)
- Examinations committee member for EAACI (European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology)