Adams, Dr James
FRCP, BM, DAES
General medicine, Parkinson’s disease, educational management
Dr Adams has joined the Trust in September 1999.
He completed his undergraduate education at the University of Southampton, graduating in 1991. His junior doctor posts were all within Wessex. Dr Adams trained as a registrar and senior registrar in the region, before taking up a consultant post in Southampton. He has broad geriatric and general medicine experience, and runs the Parkinson’s services for part of the New Forest.
Dr Adams has post graduate qualifications in medical education, and has undertaken a number of Trust and deanery educational management positions.
- Clinical tutor, UHS, 2000 to 2006.
- Director of medical education, UHS, 2006 to 2007.
- Wessex programme director of core medical training.
- Acting post graduate dean, January to April 2008.
- Associate dean for workforce redesign, 2008.
- Lead consultant medicine for older people, 2008.