Royle, Mr Gavin Timothy
Breast, endocrine and soft tissue lumps
Training and education
- Charing Cross medical school
- John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Medical Research Council research fellow, 1981.
Mr Royle has worked for the Trust since 1988 as a consultant general surgeon. He is also an honorary senior lecturer in surgery at the University of Southampton.
He has extensive experience in general surgery, and specialist experience in all aspects of breast disease, thyroid and parathyroid surgery. Mr Royle provides a rapid diagnosis clinic for soft tissue lumps and hernias.
- National lead clinician for cancer peer review, 2003 to 2007.
- Cancer lead clinician since 2007.
- Lead clinician for breast and endocrine since 2003.
Awards and prizes
- Lecturer in surgery, Harvard Medical School, 1980.
- Wessex medical school award, 1986.
- Various research papers concerning biochemistry and nutrition - Oxford (Prof. Sir H. Krebs) and Harvard (Prof. J. Burke), 1976 to 1983.
- Various papers on general surgery including breast, hernias and thyroid, 1983 to present.
- Member of the British Breast Group.