Summerhayes, Miss Christina
MBBS BSc MRCS FRCS (Gen Surg)
Training and education
- BSc, Imperial College, London, 1998.
- MBBS, Imperial College, London, 2011.
- MRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, 2005.
- FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons, 2011.
Miss Summerhayes is a consultant breast surgeon who joined the Trust in 2012. Previously, she trained on the Wessex general surgery specialist registrar programme, and completed a national breast reconstructive and oncoplastic fellowship.
Miss Summerhayes has a sub-specialty interest in breast reconstruction and oncoplastic surgery. She is currently the service improvement lead for the breast unit.
- Member of writing group for the Association of Breast Surgeons (ABS) – National Oncoplastic and Breast Reconstruction Guidelines, second edition.
- Development of the symptomatic breast service with the re-introduction of one-stop clinics.
- Expansion of breast oncoplastic services in Southampton.
You can contact Miss Summerhayes via her secretary, Jane Allen, at firstname.lastname@example.org