Umranikar, Mr Sameer
MBBS, MD, DNB, FRCOG, FICOG, MSc
Obstetrics and gynaecology
Training and education
- MBBS, University of Pune, India, 1993.
- MD, obstetrics and gynaecology, University of Pune, India, 1998.
- DNB - diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 1998.
- MRCOG, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2001.
- European University diploma of operative endoscopy in gynaecology, Clermont Ferrand, France, 2005.
- FICOG, fellow of The Indian College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2011.
MSc in advanced gynaecological endoscopy, University of Surrey, 2013.
FRCOG, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2014.
Mr Umranikar is a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist who joined the Trust in April 2009. His special interests are minimal access surgery (laparoscopy and hysteroscopy) and gynaecological ultrasound, including endometriosis, menstrual disorders and benign gynaecological conditions.
Mr Umranikar undertakes laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery. He is the obstetrics and gynaecology infection lead for the division and is the simulation lead for obstetrics and gynaecology at the Wessex Deanery.
Catering to women with benign gynaecological conditions, endometriosis and menstrual disorders, Mr Umranikar undertakes regular antenatal and gynaecological clinics. His obstetric clinics cater to general obstetrics.
Mr Umranikar runs a one stop gynaecology service where investigations and the treatment of patients are undertaken at the same visit, thereby reducing repeated appointments. At his clinics, he undertakes pelvic ultrasound scans and outpatient procedures.
With a masters degree in advanced laparoscopic surgery from the University of Surrey and a diploma from the University of Auvergne, Clermont Ferrand France, Mr Umranikar is well qualified. He has also undertaken special skills modules from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in endoscopic surgery and gynaecological ultrasound.
- MSc in advanced gynaecological endoscopy from the University of Surrey.
- Elected senior council member of the British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy.
- Mystery shopper winner at UHS in 2012.
Awards and prizes
- Gold medal in obstetrics and gynaecology – final year medical school, Vinayak J Shankerseth award, 1993.
- University rank second in MD obstetrics and gynaecology, 1998.
- Best paper presentation at the Wessex Obstetric Anaesthetists and Obstetricians annual study day, June 2003.
Find out about Mr Umranikar's publications.
You can contact Mr Umranikar via Victoria Macgonical on 023 8120 6041 or by emailing Victoria.Macgonical@uhs.nhs.uk.
You can contact Mr Umranikar via Lisa Hill and Debra Jefferson on 023 8120 4727/4228 or by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.