Connor, Dr Jillian
Obstetrics (with a special interest in fetal medicine)
Training and education
- Graduated from Glasgow University, 1993.
Dr Connor has been a consultant at the Trust since 2009. Prior to this, she worked in Glasgow, Dublin, London and Canada. She completed the latter part of her training in Southampton, including a research fellow post.
Dr Connor is currently the labour ward lead, promoting team working, good communication, research and education in the labour ward setting to improve patient care.
She also undertakes fetal medicine scanning, including invasive diagnostic procedures, diagnosis and management of fetal anomalies as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Dr Connor is the obstetric lead for patient safety, and is a patient safety champion for the Wessex deanery, promoting awareness of human factors and organisational culture in maintaining safety.
- Principal investigator for the INFANT trial, aiming to improve outcomes for mothers and babies.
- Implementing the PROMPT multi-professional training programme in Southampton, improving team working and quality of care.
- Principal investigator for INFANT, an NIHR registered RCT (randomised controlled trial).
- Dr Connor has completed a DM thesis examining the relationship between fetal cardiac function and structure and maternal body composition.
Dr Connor's secretary is Debra Jefferson, contact her by calling 023 8077 7772 (extension 4228), or email Jillian.Connor@uhs.nhs.uk.