If you've been unable to resolve your concerns after contacting the local ward staff, ward sister or matron, then please contact our patient support services team.
Changes to service due to COVID-19
Please note that face-to-face help from patient support services is currently unavailable.
You can still contact the team by phone and email.
What we do
- advise and support patients, their families and carers
- provide information about NHS services
- listen to your concerns, suggestions and compliments
- help sort out problems quickly on your behalf
- help you identify what you want to know
If you have a complaint, on behalf of the chief executive officer, patient support services will:
- appoint a complaint coordinator to manage the process for you and they will be your point of contact throughout
- carry out a thorough investigation
- tell you how long this will take
- share the outcome either in writing or in a meeting
Ways to get in touch
Visit us - Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Patient support servicesC level, Centre BlockSouthampton General Hospital
023 8120 6325
Write to us
Patient support servicesMailpoint 81Southampton General HospitalTremona RoadSouthamptonSO16 6YD
Out of hours
Please telephone the duty manager on 023 8077 7222
Please could I thank patient support services for all their help in getting my mother an earlier appointment? We are most impressed with the way they dealt with the situation. Many thanks once again.
Kind regards, CB
I have no idea if you managed to help but it certainly seems so. I would personally like to thank you from myself and family for helping with the situation with my son, he seems to be a lot happier especially as he was moved to the teenage and young adult unit last night and his treatment was started yesterday.
Thank you so much, kindest regards, RL
I would like to say thank you for the meeting and a chance to say my bit. It was really helpful and I feel it will make my life easier.
Patient support services strive to improve through listening and learning.