Healthcare is becoming more reliant on advanced technologies for diagnosis and treatment. As a result, demand for our services is ever increasing. Some of the new clinical developments we're involved in include
- diffusion tensor MRI for neurosurgical planning
- characterisation of liver disease using MRI
- assessing brain tumour progression using DSC perfusion MRI
- using susceptibility weighted imaging (SWI) MRI to predict outcomes in babies with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
- measurements of pressure on the brain - read more about the test, including its use by astronaut Tim Peake.
- quantitation and characterisation of brain perfusion in dementia
- non-invasive assessment of lung function prior to lung volume reduction surgery
- pragmatic dosimetry methods for internal (molecular) radiotherapy
- intra-operative radiotherapy (IORT)
- stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy
- semi-automatic validation of radiotherapy treatment plans.