Here are a selection of agencies and organisations that you may find useful.
- Help and information regarding employment issues.
- Tel: 08457 474747
BASIC Brain and Spinal Injury Charity
A specialist resource for people and their families in crisis following a traumatic brain injury or neurological diagnosis, including a national helpline and support groups.
Department of Work and Pensions
Government agency responsible for benefits. For local offices see telephone book.
British Brain and Spine Foundation Charity
Organisation providing information and a helpline.
British Epilepsy Association Charity
Organisation providing information and support about epilepsy.
Carers National Association
Information and support for people who are caring at home.
Citizens Advice Bureau
Independent advice on issues such as benefits, employment, debt etc. Local office numbers in telephone directory.
Bereavement care charity offering bereavement counselling and support. See telephone book for local branch.
Support for younger stroke survivors.
- Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority, Drivers Medical Group, DVLA, Swansea, A99 1DL.
- Medical enquiries phone: 0870 6000301
Charity providing information and support for individuals with brain injury. See local telephone book for local branches.
National Society for Epilepsy (NSE)
- The National Society for Epilepsy (NSE), Chesham Lane, Chalfont St Peter, Bucks, SL9 ORJ.
- Helpline: 01494 601400
Charity providing relationship counselling. See telephone book for local branches.
The Stroke Association
National charity providing support and information.
Subarachnoid haemorrhage and cerebral aneurysm support groups
Support groups for patients and families who have been affected by subarachnoid haemorrhage and/or cerebral aneurysms are held at:
- Wessex Neurological Centre, Southampton General Hospital.
Tel: 023 8120 8428
- BASIC - Brain and Spinal Injury Charity - The Neurocare Centre, 554 Eccles New Road Salford.
Tel: 0870 7500000