Your diagnosis will involve our team of physiologists, neurologists, radiologists, surgeons and therapists.
Your first clinic appointment will probably take at least an hour. This allows plenty of time for any assessments and gives you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have. Assessments include:
- radiological examinations – x-ray or scan
- neurophysiological examinations of your facial nerve and monitoring, to understand how it is working and the likely course of your condition. Tests include nerve conduction studies and electromyography.
- physical examinations of your face to determine your level of facial movement and identify any abnormal movement patterns
- psychological assessments
- photographic and video assessments of your face.
After diagnosis, our team will discuss a range of treatment options, staging of treatment, if required, and the expected outcomes of each option. This is to make sure you can make a fully informed decision about any proposed treatment.