Children's neurology specialist nursing team
The specialist nursing team are registered sick children’s nurses who hold extra qualifications in the care of children with neurological conditions and nurse prescribing. They run a nurse led clinic twice a month and see patients with a wide range of medical and psychosocial concerns.
The team consists of:
- Charlotte Banks
- Lilly Gyergyak
- Shona Mackie
The team also provide information and advice about neurological conditions to patients, their families and other health professionals, as well as supporting patients to manage their individual neurological needs.
The team offer support on various topics, including:
- understanding and coping with neurological conditions
- medication management, including monitoring side effects and adjusting doses
- safety and first aid
- school liaison and advice
- liaison with community health services
- social and leisure activities, including travel
- financial aid support
- national association contact details and local support groups
- patient information – this is given on an individual basis depending on the patient's needs.
The nursing team are happy to discuss issues face to face, over the telephone or by email.