Our services and facilities
As well as being a place where you can give birth to your baby, we offer workshops to help you to prepare for being a parent and postnatal support, including help with breastfeeding.
You may feel nervous about becoming a parent. To help you prepare, the centre runs free regular workshops in:
- Breathing and relaxation
- The role of partners
- Refresher courses
To book or discuss any of these courses, please call 023 8120 6052.
Helping yourself to a normal birth - interactive workshop
This one-off interactive workshop covers:
- Advantages of normal birth - for you and your baby
- Early labour - what to expect and managing at home
- Coping mechanisms - for you and your partner
- Birth rooms, pools and aids - discover how women being upright and mobile can lead to a more straightforward birth.
Sessions run monthly at the New Forest Birth Centre, Ashurst, from 7 to 9pm.
Please telephone us for the next available date and to book a place, on 023 8074 7690.
Care and facilities
There are two spacious birthing rooms. Both have birth pools and en suite facilities, and overlook a small garden and the New Forest.
We will offer advice and assistant with minimal intervention, and the opportunity for you to remain active throughout your labour.
Support and comfort during your labour
- Comfortable birthing aids such as balls and mats
- Water (in the birthing pool)
- Music and relaxation
- Adjustable lighting and air conditioning
- One-to-one support in labour
- Advice on using your TENS machine (you will need to hire your own before you go into labour)
- Gas and air (Entonox)
For more information on diet and hydration, birth partners and listening to your baby's heart beat during your labour, view the full video tour of New Forest Birth Centre.
Once you have given birth, you may like to consider using one of our three single amenity rooms. Rooms can be requested on admission but we regret that private rooms cannot be booked in advance. If your midwife or obstetrician advises that you need a private room for clinical reasons, you will be treated as a priority without any charge to you.
Women who do not give birth at the centre may choose to transfer for postnatal care and feeding support, once all is well with you and your baby.
Our private room rate is £130 per night, including mothers’ meals.
We provide help in initiating and establishing breastfeeding, including workshops and a drop-in lounge. Over 90% of our clients go home breastfeeding.