SHAPE Internship, Transitional and Post-Doctoral Funding Awards 2020/2021
Now open for applications - closing midnight Tuesday 20th October 2020
Southampton Academy of Research (SoAR) in collaboration with Applied Research Collaborations (ARC) Wessex partnership continues to work on building capacity and capability in our clinical workforce.
We have secured funding for 2020-2021 to support three separate funding awards. These awards support individuals who are either early in their clinical academic career and are thinking about doing postgraduate academic study at Master’s level and beyond, or seeking support for post doctoral activity. Each respective award offers support in preparation for applying for a further research training award.
The Programme offers three separate awards:
1. Internship award - fund up to a maximum of £10,000 to support clinical academics who:
- Demonstrate a keen interest in research
- Are looking for an opportunity to prepare for doctoral level study
2. Transitional awards - fund up to a maximum of £15,000 to support clinical academics who:
- Are already studying at a minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent and are looking for an opportunity to prepare for a higher research degree and study
3. Post-Doctoral awards - fund up to a maximum of £15,000 to support Post Doctoral clinical academics who:
- Are looking to secure time and funding to enable them to continue with their research and work towards securing an award to continue their development, alongside meeting their clinical commitments.
Please download the application forms and more information from the right hand side of this page.