Kause, Dr Juliane
BSc, MBBS, FRCP, AKC
Acute out of hours care
Critical care and acute medicine
Training and education
- Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, qualified 1994
- Training in acute medicine and critical care undertaken in the Wessex region, with a short period of working in Sydney, Australia, from 2000 to 2001
- Qualified as a consultant in 2008
Dr Kause joined University Hospital Southampton in December 2011. Since June 2013, she's been the lead consultant for out of hours care, leading the delivery and development of out of hours patient care.
- Leading multi-professional working to achieve the best outcomes for patients, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Establishing enhanced out of hours service for inpatients at UHS.
- Founder member of international Society for Rapid Response Systems.
- Service improvement support for No delays project and Winter pressures project.
- Venous thromboembolism awareness work and contribution to local and regional service development.
Awards and prizes
- National Finalist, HSJ awards, patient safety category for out of hours care, 2014 and 2016
- Shine Award for 'education and training innovation champion of the year', 2016
- Shine Award for 'wonderful workforce solution of the year', 2015
- Australasian Intensive Care Society scientific meeting: joint first prize for presentation on ATLS management of pulmonary contusions, 2001
- 'Improving for patients', double first prize for anticoagulation in hospital and community patients, University Hospital Southampton, 2008
- Boehringer inaugural prize for excellence in prevention of venous thromboembolism, Royal Society of Medicine, London, 2009
Dr Kause's research interests include:
- out of hours care – improving patient outcomes, improving team working, developing multi-professional and patient centred approach for seven day services
- acute physiological deterioration and rapid response systems
- culture of care.
You can contact Dr Kause via her PA, Sue Walker, on 023 8120 6696.