Viswesvaraiah, Dr Guhavarma
BSc, MBBS, MRCP (acute medicine), PGDip
General internal medicine
Training and education
- BSc - Imperial College London, 2006
- MBBS (medical degree) - Imperial College London, 2008
- MRCP (UK) - Royal College of Physicians, 2012
- SCE in acute medicine - Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Postgraduate diploma in medical leadership and management (merit) - Birkbeck College, University of London and Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Certificate of completion of training (CCT) in acute and general medicine - 2017
Dr Viswesvaraiah is a consultant in acute and general internal medicine who joined the Trust in September 2017. He's the lead for sepsis and mental health liaison in the acute medical unit.
Dr Viswesvaraiah has a particular interest in medical management and the development of ambulatory (outpatient) care to improve patient experience and reduce the length of hospital stays.
- Service improvement in development of ambulatory pathways for conditions such as pulmonary embolism and anaemia, reducing length of stay for patients with these conditions
- Published author in acute medicine journals and at acute medicine conferences
Awards and prizes
- Awarded merit in postgraduate diploma in medical leadership and management - Birkbeck College, University of London and Royal College of Physicians, UK
Dr Viswesvaraiah's recent publications include:
- Sepsis on the AMU – Time to pick up the baton. Inada-Kim M, Viswesvaraiah G. Acute Med. 2015; 14(2): 43-6.
- Poster at the Society of Acute Medicine's conference (Glasgow, 2013) - view it here
You can contact Dr Viswesvaraiah via his secretary, Mary Pallot - call 023 8120 4716 or send an email.