Dennison, Professor Elaine
MB BChir MA FRCP MSc PhD
Training and education
- Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, 1985 to 1990
- Medical rotation, Southampton University Hospital Trust, 1992 to 1994
- Royal Bournemouth Hospital, 1994 to 1995
- Flexible specialist registrar in rheumatology, Wessex
- CCT Rheumatology, 2002
- Wellcome training fellow in epidemiology, 1995 to 1998
- Postdoctoral research fellow, Wessex, 1998 to 2002
- British Society for Rheumatology travelling fellowship, 2000.
Prof Dennison has worked for the Trust since 2002, and is a rheumatologist with a sub-specialty interest in metabolic bone disease. She was appointed Reader in rheumatology in 2006.
Being a member of the team that won the Hospital Doctor rheumatology team of the year award in 2005.
Awards and prizes
- Election to Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians, 2008
- National Osteoporosis Society Young Investigator Award, 2000
- International Osteoporosis Foundation Travel Award, 1998
- Charles and Iris Brook Prize, 1990
- Gonville and Caius College Award, 1990
- Distinction in Medicine, 1990
Information on Prof Dennison's research and publications is available on the University of Southampton website.