Holmes, Dr Claire
MBChB, MRCP, PGCert (medical education)
Lead consultant for the osteoporosis centre
Training and education
- MBChB - University of Bristol, 2008
- Rheumatology specialty training – Wessex Deanery, 2012-2018
- Postgraduate certificate in medical education – Royal College of Physicians and University College London, 2015
Dr Holmes is a consultant rheumatologist who joined the Trust in January 2019.
She has a particular interest in osteoporosis (a condition that weakens bones) and metabolic bone disease. She was trained by Professor Cooper and his team and now runs two osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease clinics per week.
Dr Holmes is the clinical lead for the DXA scanning team and also has a general rheumatology clinic at Moorgreen Hospital.
Awards and prizes
- EULAR centre of excellence, 2015 (rheumatology department)
- E Curtis, S Woolford, C Holmes, C Cooper, N Harvey. General and specific considerations as to why osteoporosis-related care is often suboptimal. In press Current osteoporosis reports.
- C Holmes, E Curtis, N Harvey. Epigenetic mechanisms, vitamin D and early bone development. Osteoporosis review 2018. 26:2.
- Christopher R Holroyd, Rakhi Seth, Marwan Bukhari, Anshuman Malaviya, Claire Holmes, et al, The British Society for Rheumatology biologic DMARD safety guidelines in inflammatory arthritis, Rheumatology, Volume 58, Issue 2, February 2019, Page 372.
You can contact Dr Holmes via her secretary by calling 023 8120 6360.