Wallis, Dr Dinny
BSc, MBChB, MRCP, PG Cert
Training and education
- BSc - University of Bristol, 2000
- MBChB - University of Bristol, 2003
- Rheumatology specialty training – Severn and Wessex Deaneries, 2007-2015
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education - University of Bristol, 2010
- Higher Education Academy, 2011
- Spondylitis programme - University of Toronto, 2012-2013
Dr Wallis is a consultant rheumatologist who joined the Trust in November 2015. She has a particular interest in spondyloarthritis.
Dr Wallis trained in rheumatology in the Severn and Wessex deaneries. She undertook a fellowship in sponydyloarthritis at the University of Toronto and was appointed to lead the spondyloarthritis service at University Hospital Southampton in 2015. She's a member of the British Society for Spondyloarthritis and the Assessment of SpondyloArthritis International Society.
Awards and prizes
- EULAR travel bursary winner, 2013
- Assessment of SpondyloArthritis International Society (ASAS) fellowship, 2012
- David Reeves Prize in Microbiology - University of Bristol, 2000
- Wallis D, Thavaneswaran A, Haroon N, Ayearst R, Inman R. Tumour necrosis factor inhibitor therapy and infection risk in axial spondyloarthritis: results from a longitudinal observational cohort. Rheumatology 2015 Jan 54(1);152-6
- Wallis D, Haroon N, Ayearst R, Carty A, Inman RD. Ankylosing spondylitis and non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis: part of a common spectrum or distinct diseases? J Rheumatol 2013 Dec;40(12):2038-41
- Wallis D, Asaduzzuaman A, Weisman M, Haroon N, Anton A, McGovern D, Targan S, Inman R. Elevated serum anti-flagellin antibodies implicate subclinical bowel inflammation in ankylosing spondylitis: an observational study. Arthritis Res Ther 2013, 15:R166 doi:10.1186/ar4350
You can contact Dr Wallis via her secretary by calling 023 8120 6360.