Read, Professor Robert
BMedSci (physiology), MBChB, MRCP, MD, FRCP (London), FRCP (Glasgow)
Training and education
- BMedSci (bachelor of medical science) in physiology - University of Sheffield
- MCChB (bachelor of medicine) - University of Sheffield
- MRCP (member of the Royal College of Physicians) - UK, 1985
- MD (doctor of medicine) - Sheffield, 1992
- FRCP (fellow of the Royal College of Physicians) - London, 1997 and Glasgow, 2006
- Clinical research training in Sheffield, Leeds, Bristol, London, Nottingham and San Francisco
Prof Read is an honorary consultant who joined the Trust in 2012. He's also a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Southampton.
Here at UHS, Prof Read sees patients with severe or recurrent infectious diseases. These include:
- AIDS-related diseases
- skin and soft tissue infections
- travel-related diseases.
Prof Read is particularly interested in how infectious diseases develop and how they can be prevented.
Prof Read is editor in chief of the Journal of Infection and Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases. He's author or co-author of over 200 publications, most of which are on the subject of infectious diseases.
You can read more about Prof Read's research and publications on the University of Southampton website.