Lekkas, Dr Anastasios
Respiratory and general medicine
- critical care (respiratory high dependency unit)
- lung cancer
- bronchoscopy (diagnostic and interventional)
Training and education
- MRCP - Royal College of Physicians, London, 2000
- MSc in respiratory medicine - UCL-Imperial College, London, 2004
- CCT in intensive care - London Deanery, 2007.
- CCT in respiratory medicine and general medicine - North West Thames, London Deanery, 2007
Dr Lekkas is a consultant respiratory physician who's worked for the Trust since September 2007. He runs our lung cancer clinic and virtual pulmonary nodule clinic, and is the clinical lead for lung cancer.
Dr Lekkas undertook specialist training in respiratory and general medicine in North West Thames London Deanery, rotating through the following hospitals: Imperial Hospital NHS Trust, Royal Brompton Hospital NHS Trust, Harefield Hospital, St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust, The Royal Sussex County Hospital, Ealing Hospital NHS Trust and Charing Cross Hospital NHS. He was also trained in intensive care medicine at London Deanery.
Dr Lekkas is also an advisor for the British National Formulary and NICE appraisals regarding respiratory medicines.