Beck, Mr Nick
MBBS PhD FRCS
General surgery and colorectal surgery
Training and education
- St Mary’s Hospital medical school, London
- Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Royal Marsden Hospital
- St George's Hospital, London SpR rotation (including St Mark’s Hospital).
Mr Beck has worked as a consultant for the Trust since October 2001.
He is a specialist colorectal surgeon treating colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and proctology. Mr Beck's role includes laparoscopic colorectal surgery, colonoscopy, and general surgery and emergency surgery (surgical take).
- Lead for colorectal cancer, Southampton.
- Surgical lead for endoscopy and colonoscopy, Southampton.
- Accredited bowel cancer screening programme colonoscopist, National Bowel Cancer Screening Programme.
- Southampton audit lead for the national inflammatory bowel disease audit.
Awards and prizes
Hunterian Professorship (RCS) for research into hereditary bowel cancer.
- Research into hereditary bowel cancer and bowel cancer families.
- Supervisor for MD thesis research on colorectal carcinogenesis.