Yano, Mr Hideaki
MD PhD FRCS
General and colorectal surgery
- Exenterative surgery (removal of organs in the pelvis to treat cancer)
- Peritoneal surgery (surgery to treat cancer of the peritoneum, the membrane that lines the abdomen and covers the abdominal organs)
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery
Training and education
- MD – University of Tokyo, Japan
- Postgraduate surgical training in Japan
- PhD – University of Tokyo
- Clinical and research fellowship in Basingstoke
Mr Yano has been a consultant surgeon at the Trust since March 2018. Prior to joining the Trust, he was the chief of the department of surgery at the National Centre for Global Health and Medicine in Tokyo, Japan.
Mr Yano is a specialist colorectal surgeon with expertise in the treatment and management of colorectal cancer. He performs open and laparoscopic colorectal surgery, colonoscopy and emergency surgery.
Mr Yano has particular expertise in:
- exenterative surgery of complex pelvic malignancies including locally advanced/recurrent rectal cancer
- the surgical treatment of peritoneal malignancies including peritoneal metastasis from colorectal cancer.
He also has extensive experience in colonoscopy with expertise in the endoscopic diagnosis of early colorectal cancer.
Mr Yano's publications include:
- Yano H, Saito Y, Kirihara Y, et al. Tumor invasion of lymph node capsules in patients with Dukes C colorectal adenocarcinomas. Diseases of the Colon & Rectum 49(12):1867-77, 2006.
- Yano H, Saito Y, Takeshita E, et al. Prediction of lateral pelvic node involvement in low rectal cancer by conventional computed tomography. British Journal of Surgery 94(8):1014-1019, 2007.
- Yano H, Moran BJ. The Incidence of Lateral Pelvic Sidewall Nodal Involvement in Low Rectal Cancer May be Similar in Japan and the West. British Journal of Surgery 95(1):33-49, 2008.
You can contact Mr Yano via his secretary, Carey Rogers, on 023 8120 6606.