Trompetas, Mr Vas
Acute surgery and coloproctology
Training and education
- Graduated from University of Athens Medical School in 1996
- Trained at teaching hospitals in Athens, Greece and at UK hospitals (St George's Hospital, Mayday University Hospital and Eastbourne District General Hospital)
- MSc in surgical practice - University of Kent, 2009
- Regional representative in south central for the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Regional specialty professional advisor in general surgery in south central for the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Mr Trompetas joined the Trust in 2013 as a consultant in acute and general surgery.
He's a core member of the acute surgery unit (ASU), looking after patients admitted with general surgical emergencies.
He has regular clinics and theatre lists in general surgery (hernia surgery and gallbladder surgery) and proctology as well as endoscopy (colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy) lists.
You can contact Mr Trompetas via his secretary by calling 023 8120 8073.