Halfpenny, Dr Christopher
BSc, MBBS, PhD, FRCP
Multiple sclerosis and central nervous system neuroinflammatory disease
Training and education
- Neurology training under Professor Scolding in Bristol, 1999 to 2006
- PhD in remyelination biology, Bristol, 2005
Dr Halfpenny is a consultant neurologist who joined the Trust in February 2007. He has an interest in multiple sclerosis and related neuroinflammatory disorders of the central nervous system.
- Developing the MS service, including the introduction of monoclonal antibody therapy
Awards and prizes
- Helen Cave Memorial Scholarship
- Jean Shanks Pathology Award
Southampton is a recruiting centre for the genetic analysis of multiple sclerosis study.
- 'Cell Transplantation, Myelin Repair and Multiple Sclerosis', original articles pertaining to glial biology and myelin repair in MS