Kinton, Dr Lucy
Epilepsy, neurological sleep disorders and acute neurology
Training and education
- Medicine - University of Cambridge, 1988 to 1994
- PhD in epilepsy genetics - University College London, 1998 to 2002
- Neurology training in London, Southampton and Melbourne (Australia)
Dr Kinton was initially appointed as a consultant neurologist to Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, with an honorary contract at Southampton General Hospital for her sub-specialty clinics in the treatment of epilepsy.
In 2018, she moved to working entirely at Southampton General Hospital where she now works in acute inpatient neurology and general neurology outpatients. She continues her specialist epilepsy clinics and has developed an interest in neurological sleep disorders, working with the respiratory physicians.
She runs the local transition clinic for young people with epilepsy and narcolepsy.
Dr Kinton is deputy lead for neurology, teaching medical students, and sits on the examination board for the Royal College of Physicians' specialist certificate in neurology.
- Setting up the epilepsy transition clinic at Southampton General Hospital
- Elected to Council of the Association of British Neurologists (2017)
- Lead neurologist, Hampshire Hospitals (2015 to 2018)
Awards and prizes
- Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Training Fellowship 1999
- American Epilepsy Society Young Investigator Award 1999
You can view a list of Dr Kinton's publications here.