Ramamoorthy, Dr Sanjay
MBBS, MA, MRCP, FRCEM
Training and education
- Guy's and St Thomas’ medical schools - University of London, 1995
- Wessex specialist training in emergency medicine - 2000 to 2005
- MA Medical Education - University of Winchester, 2007
- Strategic health authority clinical simulation fellow - 2011 to 12
Dr Ramamoorthy has worked as a consultant for the Trust since February 2011. Prior to this, he was a consultant in emergency medicine at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, from 2005 to 2011.
He was the medical education lead for the major trauma centre at UHS from 2012 to 14. He has then held a number of education roles, including being the divisional director for medical education, and associate director for medical education from 2014 to 19. He has been the director for medical education for UHS since 2019, and leads the DME (director of medical education) team here at UHS. He is a trained workplace mediator, and a case investigator for UHS.
- Introduction of a chest pain pathway and rapid rule out strategy for low risk chest pain patients in the ED
- Principal investigator for the Limit of Detection in ED study (LoDED) at UHS, which has now been implemented into practice.