Sahu, Mr Debendra
BSc, FRCSEd (Ophth)
Medical retina, including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and cataracts.
Training and education
- MBBS, London.
- Specialist registrar training, Wessex rotation.
Mr Sahu has worked for the Trust since January 2009.
He looks after patients with age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and general ophthalmological disorders.
Setting up one-stop peripheral age-related macular degeneration clinics with colleagues.
Awards and prizes
- Alcon Glaucoma case study competition finalist, 2002.
- Altounyan Prize essay, London Hospital Medical College, 1994.
- The London Hospital Medical Club Scholarship, to study for BSc, 1993.
- Maycock N, Sahu D N, Mota M, Hodgkins P, Gaston H. Conservative management of upper lid entropion. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. 45(6): 377-8, 2008.
- Sahu D N, Madhusudhana K C, Hannan S R, Newsom R S B, Luff A J, Lotery A J. Experience with Avastin in a UK clinic. Ophthalmology Times Europe. 01 November 2007.
- Malpas C, Evans B, Sahu D N, Hodgkins P. Displacement of the globe with chewing subsequent to reduction of a displaced fracture of the zygoma. Br J Ophthalmology video report. May 2007.