Lotery, Dr Helen
MD FRCP FRCPI
Skin cancer, skin cancer surgery, vulval dermatology
Training and education
- MB BCh BAO (bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery) - Queen’s University Belfast, 1990
- MRCGP (membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners) - 1994
- MRCPI (membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland) - 1998
- MD (doctor of medicine) - Queen’s University Belfast, 2004
- Specialist registrar training in dermatology, Wessex area
- Fellowship training in vulval dermatology, University of Iowa
Dr Lotery has been a consultant in the Trust since July 2007.
She has particular experience in skin cancer, skin cancer surgery and vulval disorders, including specialist vulval clinics.
Dr Lotery is the lead for BM (bachelor of medicine) year 4 at the University of Southampton.
Honorary senior clinical lecturer, University of Southampton
Awards and prizes
Honours at final MB
- An Epidemiological Study of Women with Vulval Burning. Research performed at the University of Iowa from 2000 to 2002, subsequently submitted successfully for the degree of MD at Queen’s University, Belfast in July 2004.
- The UK Multicentre Teledermatology Study, 1996-1998. 9 peer-reviewed publications and 5 presentations at national and international meetings.
- Dicaprylyl Maleate: An Emerging Cosmetic Allergen. International, multicentre study of contact allergy to a relatively new cosmetic ingredient. Published in Contact Dermatitis in 2007.
Most recent publications
- Khatun A, Lotery H, Sundaram S.Successful treatment of high-grade vulval intra-epithelial neoplasia with imiquimod 5% in a renal transplant recipient. Int J STD AIDS. 2018 Oct 4:956462418797244. doi: 10.1177/0956462418797244. [Epub ahead of print]
- Maguire CA, Calonje JE, Theaker JM, Lotery HE. A case of unusual localized cutaneous mucinosis . Clin Exp Dermatol. 2019 Mar 18. doi: 10.1111/ced.13940. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lotery HE, McClure N, Galask RP. Vulvodynia (rapid review). Lancet 2004; 363: 1058-60.