Bateman, Dr Adrian C
Gastrointestinal pathology (including liver and pancreatic pathology), breast pathology, autopsy pathology.
Training and education
- BSc physiology, London, 1987
- MBBS, London, 1990
- MRCPath, 1996
- MD, London, 1997
- FRCPath, 2003.
Dr Bateman has been a consultant at the Trust since 1997.
He works as a specialist cellular pathologist within the fields described above, and is also involved in training new pathologists, undergraduate teaching and research related to his areas of clinical interest.
- Chair of Wessex histopathology speciality training committee, 2001 to 2004.
- Chair of the National Histopathology Training Schools Operational Board, 2003 to 2006.
- Chair of RCPath college advisory training team (histopathology), 2004 to 2007.
- Director of cellular pathology department, 2004 to 2006.
- RCPath college examiner.
- Over 80 publications including clinical studies, research papers and reviews.
- Co-author of two books: Immunology and Diseases of the Gut (2006) and Flesh and Bones of Pathology (2009).