Tilley, Dr Charlie
MBBS, BSc, MRCS, FRCPath
Urological, breast, skin, orthopaedic (bones and joints) and soft tissue pathology
Training and education
- BSc in healthcare, ethics and law - University of Manchester, 2001
- MBBS (medical degree) - University College London, 2004
- MRCS (member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England) - 2008
- FRCPath (fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists) - 2013
- CCT (certificate of completion of training) - Wessex Deanery, 2014
Dr Tilley has been a consultant histopathologist at the Trust since 2014.
He's the Trust's postgraduate training lead for cellular pathology, and is also part of the clinical lead team for the department.
- Completed a mini fellowship in osteoarticular pathology at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore) in 2013 under the supervision of Professor Adrienne Flanagan.
- Sarcoma pathology lead for the Trust, which involves reporting referrals from around the region.
Dr Tilley's research publications include:
- Richards-Taylor S, Tilley C, Jaynes E, Hu H, Armstrong T, Pearce N, Plant R, Cave J. ‘Clinically Significant Differences in Ki-67 Proliferation Index Between Primary and Metastases in Resected Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors’. Pancreas 2017 46(10):1354-1358.
- Kalimuthu, Tilley C, Forbes G, Ye H, Lehovsky K, Pillay N, Seddon BM, O'Donnell P, Pollock R, Tirabosco R, Amary F, Flanagan AM. ‘Clinical outcome in patients with peripherally-sited atypical lipomatous tumours and dedifferentiated liposarcoma’. Journal of Pathology 2015(1): 106–112.
- Tilley C, Theaker JM. ‘Pathology of Tumours of the Male Genital Tract – An Update’. Surgery 201331 (10): 497-503.
You can contact Dr Tilley via his secretary Vicky McLoughlin - call 023 8120 4701 or send an email.