Paisey, Dr John
Training and education
- Qualified at the University of Southampton - 1997
- Senior house officer and specialist registrar training in Wessex
- Research doctorate - University of Southampton, 2004
- Senior training fellow - Oxford University Hospitals, 2007-9
Dr Paisey is a consultant cardiologist and electrophysiologist who joined the Trust in 2016. Before this, he was a consultant at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital for seven years.
Dr Paisey runs clinics for patients with arrhythmia, or abnormal heart rhythm. He also carries out procedures like ablation (a treatment for an abnormally fast heart rhythm) and looks after patients who need pacemakers or other implantable devices to regulate their heart rhythms.
He's the lead for the organisation and recruitment of middle grade and junior doctors. Dr Paisey is the director of medical education for division D.
- Becoming director of training for cardiology in Wessex.
- Being a section organiser of the Heart Rhythm Congress.
Awards and prizes
- Wessex Deanery commendation of excellence in training - 2010
- Inaugural Heart Rhythm UK Young Investigator award finalist - 2003
- Ada Newitt Memorial Prize - 1994
Dr Paisey's research interests include:
- refining techniques used in ablation of atrial fibrillation (a condition that causes an irregular, unusually fast heartbeat)
- optimising the efficiency of defibrillators and heart failure pacemakers.
You can contact Dr Paisey via his secretary, Debra Jefferson - call 023 8120 8676 or send an email.