Ramos, Dr Vitor
Adult congenital heart disease (ACHD)
Training and education
- Licence issued by the Portuguese Medical Association - 2007
- MD (postgraduate degree in medicine) - 2008
- Board certification in cardiology - Portuguese Medical Association, 2014
- Advanced cardiovascular imaging (cardiac magnetic resonance and cardiovascular computed tomography) - Centro Hospitalar de Vila Nova de Gaia/Espinho - July to September 2013
- Advanced cardiovascular imaging (cardiac magnetic resonance) - King's College London, July to December 2014
- Adult congenital heart disease (clinical fellowship) - University Hospital Southampton, January 2015 to July 2016
Dr Ramos is a locum consultant in cardiology who joined the Trust in 2016. His responsibilities include:
- managing inpatients, including as part of the on-call rota
- general ACHD outpatient clinics
- congenital cardiac MRI services
- being clinical governance lead for ACHD, including managing adult congenital multidisciplinary teams.
Dr Ramos's main interest is scans of the heart using cardiac MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). He regularly sees both adults and children with known or suspected congenital heart disease. He's also often asked to review scans taken in other hospitals or in the past for comparison.
- Sub-specialty in ACHD
- Sub-specialty in cardiac MRI
- Sub-specialty in cardiac CT scan
Key awards and prizes
- Award for research in ischaemic cardiomyopathy - Portuguese Society of Cardiology, 2014
You can contact Dr Ramos via email or by phoning his secretary Amy Joslin on 023 8120 5942.