Yue, Dr Arthur
MA (Oxon) BM Bch (Oxon) DM (Oxon) MRCP (UK)
- Electrophysiological studies and catheter ablations including atrial fibrillation ablation.
- Implantation of pacemakers, implantable defibrillators and cardiac resynchronisation therapy devices.
Training and education
- Oxford University, Trinity College, UK, 1988 to 1991
- Oxford University Clinical School, Green College, UK, 1991 to 1994
- General medicine and cardiology at Jersey General Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Swindon, Royal United Hospital, Bath and Southampton General Hospital, 1998 to 2003.
- Research fellow in cardiac electrophysiology, Southampton General Hospital, 2003 to 2005.
- Clinical fellow in cardiac electrophysiology, Southampton General Hospital, 2005 to 2006.
- Clinical fellow in cardiac electrophysiology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, 2006.
Current membership of professional, national and regional bodies
- Heart Rhythm UK
- Heart Rhythm Society (US)
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiac Intervention Society
Dr Yue has worked for the Trust since December 2006.
His sub‑specialty interest involves the diagnosis and management of all forms of heart rhythm disorders and conditions associated with sudden cardiac death. He is fully trained in the implantation and follow-up of pacemakers for treatment of bradyarrhythmias, defibrillators (ICD) for prevention of sudden death, and cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) devices for treatment of heart failure. For catheter ablations, he utilizes both conventional techniques and three‑dimensional mapping technologies to investigate and target complex arrhythmic substrates.
- Clinical lead in clinical governance for cardiovascular and thoracic care group.
- National and international invited speaker in cardiac electrophysiology.
Dr Yue has research interests in cardiac mapping techniques, cardiac repolarization, mechanisms of arrhythmias and risk assessment for sudden cardiac death.
- Yue AM, Paisey JR, Robinson S, Betts TR, Roberts PR, Morgan JM. Determination of human ventricular repolarization using noncontact mapping: validation with monophasic action potential recordings. Circulation. 2004 Sep;110(10):1343-1350.
- Yue AM, Betts TR, Roberts PR, Morgan JM. Global dynamic coupling of activation and repolarization in the human ventricle. Circulation 2005 Oct 25;112(17):2592-60.
- Yue AM, Franz MR, Roberts PR, Morgan JM. Global endocardial electrical restitution in human right and left ventricles determined by noncontact mapping. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2005 Sep 20;46(6):1067-75.
You can contact Dr Yue via his secretary, Debra Jefferson - call 023 8120 8676 or send an email.