Standards of care and behaviour
When you are in hospital, you can expect
- To have a clear explanation of your condition and the treatment options available to you.
- To be asked for your written fully informed consent to any operation or procedure. ·
- To be sure that the information in your records will remain confidential.
- To be treated with respect and dignity at all times
- To be informed about different aspects of your treatment and what procedure(s) are being carried out.
- To keep relatives or carers informed of your progress, if you wish.
- You may apply to see your patient records if you wish. Please ask a member of staff for an application form.
In return, the Trust asks you to
- Provide us with the necessary information about your condition, symptoms or medication in order to provide appropriate care.
- Treat our staff with the same respect you expect from them.
- Help, as far as you are able, in feeding yourself, keeping mobile and your personal hygiene needs.
- Arrange for your transport home.
- Arrange with your family or friends to take care of your personal laundry, if possible.