Cone, Dr Andrew
BA Hons Nat Sci (Cantab), MB, BS (Lond), MRCP (UK), FRCA
Anaesthesia for neurosurgery and neuro spinal surgery
Training and education
- BA (Natural Sciences) Churchill College, Cambridge, 1979 to 1982
- MBBS, King's College Hospital, 1982 to 1985
- MRCP (UK), 1989
- FRCA (UK), 1991
Dr Cone joined University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust as a consultant in 1997, and has been the care group clinical lead for critical care since 2010.
As care group clinical lead, Dr Cone is responsible for clinical management and service delivery for anaesthetics, general intensive care, neuro intensive care, cardiac intensive care, theatres, outreach and resuscitation. The care group consists of some 100 consultants and 45 trainees.
Examples of developments within critical care in recent years have included elective weekend working in theatres and resident consultant anaesthetic cover.
Dr Cone anaesthetises a wide variety of adult patients for all types of neurosurgery. His practice also includes anaesthesia for neuro spinal surgery including operations on the spinal cord.
- Lead consultant for neuro anaesthesia, 2000 to 2010.
- Appointed care group clinical lead for critical care, 2010 to present.
- Introduction of new consultant work practices within anaesthetics including elective weekend working and resident consultant cover.
Contact Dr Cone via Sue Denton by emailing email@example.com or calling 023 8120 8707.