Pierce, Dr Jonathan Mark Thomas
Training and education
- University of Southampton
- University Hospital of Groningen, Netherlands
- Wessex senior registrar scheme
Dr Pierce is a consultant adult and paediatric cardiac anaesthetist. He has worked for the Trust since April 1992.
- Establishment of organisation and funding for elective admission for anaesthesia for direct current cardioversions.
- Establishment of organisation and funding for anaesthesia for cardiac MRI.
- Sole developer and provider of anaesthesia for major descending thoracic aortic reconstruction undertaken by the cardiac surgeons.
Dr Pierce has carried out research on the environmental impact of anaesthesia.